Thoughts and musings two wheel based. Also wheel rebuilds and bottom brackets serviced.

Saturday, August 18, 2012

A good day out in Bristol

Had a pleasant pedal over to my mate Al's in Bristol today to go have a nose around the bike show. I managed to avoid all the cycle lanes and find some really lovely lanes around the North of the city reaches. Here is a juxtaposition (oh yeah) of new and old.
Shortly after I got a little lost. Not hugely lost, just not entirely sure if I was where I wanted to be. Turns out I had missed a turning and so although I ended up on the same road in the end, I went via the hilly route. Hey ho.
After arriving at Al's I showered and changed before we whisked into town for a lovely pie lunch from Pieminister Pies,
And then shortly after I got fired into it with my eating irons and it was gone.
Next stop was to grab a pint and then begin to look at the bikes.
Check the funky moped :-) and check the funky flatslide!
 Rather nice slabside, even with antidive in place.
 On a painters stand was this cracking Garelli Tiger and a nice H1 for sale, yours for £4500...
Saving the best until last, this lovely JAP engined Norton sounding fantastic leaving.

 It was a really good day out, thanks to Al for doing the driving and showing me the giddy sights of the bike show.

No comments:

Post a Comment