Thoughts and musings two wheel based. Also wheel rebuilds and bottom brackets serviced.

Friday, December 11, 2009

Things that go bang in the night

I took a chance on a bored sunday afternoon and started some ginger beer brewing to an old poacher's recipe. Things went quite well and I've been drinking the refreshing beverage after bottling it in old flip top Grolsch bottles. See, there is a use for Lager after all.
I had decided to use an old glass lemonade bottle as well, as it had larger capacity. Well the other night I heard a bang, but thought it was the cats playing up. In the morning I grab my helmet from the worktop and find the inside wet and whiffing of a familiar smell...
Oh dear.
Apparently the lemonade bottle couldn't stand the pressure of ginger beer...




1 comment:

  1. Unless it's a closely guarded secret, what's your recipe?
    I brewed a batch a couple of weeks ago and it's just way too "sharp". Time for another go.

    ReplyDelete